email
follow me on twitter
rss

Mar 27, 2010

WTF, me?



As all million of my readers already know, I'm a little bit of a procrastinator (in fact, this post was started three days ago).  That only holds true on things that have to be done.  If it involves future-planning,(theoretically, at least) I'm all for it.

The creation of this blog was not just because I could, but it was also because I felt motivated for future events:  FertKiki potentially has a real job!!! He hasn't made an announcement on his blog, so I decided to break the news on mine.  I guess that makes me the Fox News of 2010. (also, this just in, Glenn Beck is a giant fairy and Michelle Bachman is a big ol' Lesbo...now I've lost my cred faster than CBS).  Ok...that's out of my system now, and we're back to the status quo. Hopefully.

Apparently there is a position at Sandia National Lab that is a perfect fit for FertKiki.  Even the people in Sandia think so to!! The only problem?  Sandia National Lab is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  When he first informed me, I spent 3 days doing nothing but research on New Mexico.  Instead of doing any work I needed to do for school (both the one I teach, and the one I attend).  Did you know that Albuquerque has average highs only about five degrees higher than in NoVA.  They also have lows five degrees lower on average.  Turns out, Albuquerque is over a mile above sea level.  But it has like 1/2 percent humidity.  GOODBYE ALLERGIES!!!!

Why do I bring all this up right now?  Because I need to be finishing creating lessons for Monday and Tuesday, writing a test for Wednesday, and working on my work sample for LHU (which was due a few weeks ago). What am I doing instead?  Researching gardening in New Mexico.  Today I've learned the difference between landscaping, xerascaping, and zero-scaping, and put actual thought into what I would like to use on my property.  There are a few problems with this line of thinking.
  1. We live in a rented duplex.
  2. FertKiki doesn't even HAVE the job yet.
  3. He doesn't graduate until December.
  4. We will not be owning a home for at least a year (despite having real money and low-cost of living)
However, this is what I've spent today doing.  Isn't that just great?  Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go work on my retirement speech.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Another pro for Albuquerque - I was born there! Spent the first 4 years of my life there, which is obviously why I turned out to be such an awesome, witty person!

Con - if you have kids while living there, they will never be able to spell their Birth Place w/o the help of spell check. Which really sucks when filling out official forms by hand.

Post a Comment