email
follow me on twitter
rss

Mar 22, 2010

To Quote Three-Year-Olds Everywhere "I DON'T WANNA!!!!!!"



Unfotunately for the millions of people that I'm sure are already reading my blog (since it is the first post after all) This is probably going to be boring back story.  If you don't like it, go suck an egg.

Since I was a little boy, I had one goal: become a grown up.  Even in high school, I couldn't wait to enter the real world.  While I was obtaining my BA from Virginia Tech, I had no clue what I wanted to do, but I was excited about whatever it would be.  Then I faced a (brief) rude awakening.  That's right, I couldn't find a job.

Part of it is definitely my fault, because I'm the one who moved to a college town in the middle of nowhere.  But since this is MY blog, I will treat it like Fox News treats their blatant lies, and claim that I never said that and you can't prove it.  Anywho, I ended up with a string of crappy part-time jobs to help pay bills until I could leave the hell-hole that is central PA.  Then I was sucked back in to higher education.  I came up with the brilliant idea that I wanted to be responsible for shaping the future minds of America, a terrifying thought.

Now three years later, I'm only a few weeks away from graduation from college (again).  This time, I'm SOL.  James is looking all over the country (and by all over, I mean one city in New Mexico and five in California) for a high-paying engineering job, and I'll be tagging along like a good house[husband] wherever we go.  I can no longer kid myself that I can stay in academia anymore.  Its time to polish the resume, prepare a portfolio, and wait to figure out where I can apply to work.

 All the time, I'm just thinking  
"I DON'T WANNA!!!!!"

1 comment:

Meg said...

Don't blame central penn. for your decision to get a degree from VT! Now had you gotten a degree from UVA and moved to the middle of nowhere..oh wait..

Post a Comment