email
follow me on twitter
rss

Jun 17, 2010

Confessions of the Witless



I haven't posted as frequently as I used to.  There are a multitude of reasons.  First and foremost, I've found myself witless.  As in without wit.  And while most of my readers probably don't think I am that funny, I do.  And that's all that matters.  As DG recently pointed out, us bloggers are by nature narcissists.  And recently I do not find myself funny.  Except I find myself quoting Jane Lynch as she appeared in my dream last night.  Don't ask.  Let's just say it involved Russian bombs that resulted in glowing green stuff, the Rocky Mountains, Disney World, a dead Queen, and Jane Lynch.  She told me that she was as serious as Down Syndrome.  I couldn't make this crap up.  Except it was a dream, so apparently I did.

I also find this blog in a weird transition.  The last few posts have been less humorous and more political.  I'm not sure if I want to continue to go that route.  Which leads to the next problem.  I'm still getting a decent number of readers, but I almost never get any feedback.  I have a Facebook convo with D in South Carolina, and a two hour phone call with my lawyer pal in Baltimore.  She's the only lawyer with a soul I know.  They gave good feedback.  What I'm convolutedly trying to say is that I need feedback to know which direction people want me to direct this blog.

And this is where the real confessions come in.  I'm still jobless, and feeling very blah about it.  And hubby did not get the job that has been dangled in front of him for the past four months.  So our future is currently non-existent.  Making me feel even blahier. And I've been at my inlaws for the past several days.  And I am going to claim that they stifle my creativity.  I have no evidence to back it up.  But it feels right.

On the plus-side, hubby had a wonderful time in Prague (and even brought me a bottle of absinthe.  And I giant bar of Toblerone.  He really loves me.) So head on over and check out his first post about his trip.  And we are still planning on dropping off a marriage application in DC tomorrow.

Hopefully in the near future, I'll be back to my usual witty self (at least to me).  Until then, bear with me.

4 comments:

AshAsh said...

You are not alone! Anyone who blogs will tell you feeling burnt out on what to write is very common. As to the direction your blog should take, I'm a firm believer that the direction doesn't matter as long as it's your voice. You can't please everyone all of the time, so you should first write what you want. One common thing is to have certain days of the week where you write about a certain thing. But still, write what YOU want. I've been enjoying what you've had to say so far - all of it!

Domesticated Gal said...

SERIOUSLY?? NO JOB IN NM?? Just tell me the company, and I'll never buy from them again. Granted I'm not usually in the market for nukes, or whatever else your Rocket Scientist husband would be making for them. But if I am...I will take my business elsewhere!Also? In-laws TOTALLY cramp the funny - because you have to be careful not to say whatever it is you are actually thinking. The MIL left 2 weeks ago, and I'm still trying to get my groove back.Also??? CALL ME. We will talk Blog.

kim said...

hugs, selfishly i am glad to keep you on the east coast for a bit longer. but i know that the perfect job will come around for you both!! you and james are the bestxoxoxoxooxox

The Sugar Plum Mom said...

I read what you write! I like to know what you guys are up to. Funny or serious. I'm not exactly a discriminating viewer, but I am loyal!

And I am totally voting for you guys to move to the DC area!!!!!!!

Post a Comment